Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Baby Steps

Last nights meeting went well at the Capitola Village meeting. I got full support from the committee, which is the first step in this process. I wasn’t even going to go any further then this if I didn’t get the support I’d hoped. I got more then I could even imagine. Thanks everyone. They understand what a major race is verses a minor race. They even suggested doing a two-day event but instead we figured doing a full day would be a good start. I have to get a permit and it has to go by the City Council. I hope to show that Capitola is a skateboard friendly community and that the youth of today is welcome with open arms. This first year I hope to do a slalom race open to all ages and a kid’s race in the morning. I’ll keep you posted on a date. So far it looks like early spring 2008.

No comments: